TEXAS SOLAR INCENTIVES & REBATES
Texas Solar Incentives and Rebates
Welcome! We hope you enjoy reading about Texas Solar Incentives and Rebates here on our site. Texas probably has the strongest sunshine in the country and low solar costs. The Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) ranks Texas as one of the top 10 states for solar. The good news is that getting solar panels in Texas is cheaper than ever before! Especially with the federal solar panel tax credit, generous Texas solar incentives, and rebates. There’s no better time to go solar in Texas!
People research solar incentives, solar panel rebates, and solar panel tax credits to answer this question:
Will incentives and rebates make solar in Texas more affordable for me?
Reading about the incentives, solar panel rebates, and solar tax credit will give you some insight into what is generally available. To get a personalized answer, you need to talk to one of our Solar Specialists. They can discuss your exact requirements with you. They will let you know the cost, financial benefits, and any incentives or rebates that will offset that cost.
Texas Net Metering
Federal Investment Tax Credit (ITC) Incentive
Texas Solar Panel Rebates
Renewable Energy Systems Property Tax Exemption Incentive
Texas offers a property tax exemption to residents. This means you will not be taxed on the added value your new solar installation brings to your house.
Let’s use an example. Say your property is valued and taxed at $100,000. Then you install a solar panel system that adds $15,000 to the property value. The exemption applies to the added value. So with the exemption, you will only be taxed on the property value of $100,000. That means in Texas solar panels will give you extra value for no extra cost.
The Austin Energy Multi-Family Incentive
The Austin Energy Multi-Family Program provides cash incentives to those who want to make energy efficiency improvements. Owners, developers, and property managers of apartments and multi-family properties qualify.
Rebates are available for qualified A/C systems, heat pumps, window treatments, insulation, ductwork, and lighting equipment. A free walk-through energy survey is required before a rebate application will be accepted. Rebate eligibility for each identified improvement will be determined by the on-site survey. Rebates for some measures may be prorated or not offered depending on the cost-effectiveness of each measure. Incentives are granted on a first come, first-served basis. Contact Austin Energy for more information on this program.
Small Commercial and Nonprofit Solar Performance based incentives
Commercial Solar Performance-Based Incentives (PBI)
AEP Texas North and Central Company – SMART Source Solar PV Rebate Program
- Residential customers can receive an incentive of $0.70 per watt, up to $7,000. Only the first 10 kW of a residential solar panel system are eligible for this rebate. Non-residential customers have tiered incentives available.
- The first tier is available to non-residential solar panel systems of 1 kW to 25 kW. Qualifying systems can receive $0.80 per watt. The second tier is available to non-residential solar panel systems of 25 kW to 200 kW. These systems can receive $0.25 per watt.
- The solar panel system must be new.
- It must be connected to the grid on the customer side of the meter.
- It must meet minimum estimated performance requirements (80% of optimum).
- The solar panel system must meet all applicable code and utility interconnection requirements.
Texas Solar Rights Law
If you have any questions or concerns, contact Sunpro Solar for more information on the Solar Right Law.