Energy Renovation Center is a fast growing solar PV installations company in Texas and California! We take pride in having industry experts who understand the challenges of today’s solar installations. We focus on giving the best service to our customers and therefore we are looking for the most talented individuals to join our growing team.
Energy Renovation Center is looking for a full-time Journeyman Electrician & Foreman Electrician to join our installations team, someone with leadership qualities/potential. The employee would perform full service upgrades, main panel upgrades, and meet with city inspectors. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone who is looking to grow within the solar PV installation business. Keep in mind this is not a temporary or project-based opportunity. This is a permanent long-term position and we are looking for long-term minded individuals. There is opportunity for career advancement.
Our office is located in the Riverside California. This position requires you to be present for morning meetings before heading out to the projects.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibly driving to client’s site using company’s truck or driving with the crew in the work truck
- Lead a team of 4 to 6 crew members for the completion of solar PV installations
- Ensure completion of projects and customer satisfaction
- Enforce and promote safety, quality, customer service, and productivity
- Obtain all required materials to complete the assigned project, including renting special construction equipment
- Professionally bend conduit
- Install electrical service equipment, wiring, and devices required for the installation of residential and light commercial solar PV systems as contracted and designed
- All electrical work meets or exceeds the current National Electrical Code as well as local jurisdiction requirements
- Troubleshoot PV systems and resolve electrical issues
- Resolve project, customer, and staff escalations
- Oversee and effectively communicate with local inspectors
- Ensure all projects pass jurisdiction requirements
- Communicate and coordinate with territory Project Manager and Coordinator
- Maintain and enforce safety and training programs
- Reports directly to the Project Manager
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must have an active Journeyman Electrician license in the State of Texas
- Must have a valid and active driver’s license.
- Must be comfortable with driving around the DFW area and beyond.
- Must possess strong mechanical aptitude
- Must demonstrable ability to use electrical and hand tools (e.g. wire strippers, voltmeter etc.) and electrical drawings and blueprints
- Must have thorough knowledge of safety procedures and legal regulations and guidelines
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have professional appearance and demeanor, with excellent communication skills
- 1+ years’ experience as a Journeyman Electrician
- Solar experience is a plus
- Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions including but not limited to: excessive noise, extreme heat, extreme cold, wet environment, and humidity
- Ability to work on rooftops with various angles, and surfaces which requires frequent bending, twisting, squatting, climbing, kneeling, crawling, turning, standing, and balance
- Ability to transport materials and equipment to rooftops to complete installations
- Ability to work within the safe range of equipment such as ladders, fall protection harnesses and other PPE
- Ability to work while wearing heavy protective equipment such as arc flash suits, gloves, and face shields
- Ability to work and maintain balance on roofs and other areas of height
- Ability to walk on rafters, roof tiles, and roof shingles without damage
- Ability to hear verbal commands and warnings
Normally Monday to Friday with Saturdays and Sundays off. The day starts by showing at the warehouse/office location around 6:30 AM and the day ends varying by amount of projects per day. The average working hours are 45 to 50 hours per week.
The starting pay rate is $22-$32 depending on skills and experience. There is opportunity for pay increase or career advancement. Depending on your skillset and experience a company truck might be provided for work-related runs.
What happens after you apply:
If you are interested, apply today! This is an immediate opening. Your resume will be reviewed by our talent team. If you are selected to move forward to the next screening, you will be receiving an email and/or a call. Please keep an eye on your email and voicemails.
Salary: $22.00-$32.00 /hour